News reads that 17million minks are to be/ have been culled in Denmark, due to coronavirus transferred from humans. Coronavirus mutates within these animals, and potentially makes any possible future vaccine for humans less effective, posing a huge risk to human lives.
1) Minks are bred for their fur and will die anyway.
2) We don’t cull infected humans over the fear they will infect us.
3) The intention is to save human lives at the expense of the lives of Minks.
4) Humans created the conditions that gave rise to the problems in the first place.
5) Do something - do nothing, think something, think nothing.